LCA PANEL OF NEUTRALS
In order to achieve its aims, the LCA possesses a panel of highly experienced and impartial neutrals. This panel is made up of skilled and knowledgeable professionals covering a wide range of sectors, all of whom hold the necessary certification required to carry out ADR proceedings. The LCA can also appoint neutrals on behalf of the parties if required.
QUALIFICATION CRITERIA FOR LISTING
The Panel is composed of highly regarded Arbitrators, Mediators and Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) experts from around the world, we welcome applications to the Panel from renowned experts in the field.
Methods for Appointment
1. By Invitation
Qualifications for Invitation:
- Interested person(s) must have garnered reputation in the field of domestic and/or international arbitration and must be recognised leaders in the field.
- Person(s) must be approved by at least ¾ members of the LCA Neutrals Selection Committee.
- Person(s) must be of recognised expertise in the field.
2. By Application
Qualifications for Application:
Applicants for membership on the LCA Panel of Neutrals, Arbitrators and Mediators must meet or exceed the following requirements:
- Education and Training:
- Applicant must be 30 years or above.
- Minimum of ten (10) years professional experience.
- Educational qualification relevant to your field of expertise.
- Honours and recognition indicating leadership in your field.
- Evidence of training from a reputable ADR organisation.
- Membership of an established professional organisation.
- Independence and Impartiality.
- Judicial Capacity
- Ability to manage the hearing process and evaluate testimony and evidence.
- Good character.
- Peer recognition and respect.
- Dedicated to upholding the Lagos Court of Arbitration Code of Ethics and Standards of Conduct for Arbitrators and Mediators.
- Availability and Commitment to ADR Process
- Willingness to devote time and effort when selected to serve.
- Willingness to participate in continuing educational programs.
- Supporting Documents
- Submission of curriculum vitae with experience in dispute resolution adequately detailed.
- Two reference letters.
- Two sanitised awards (for Arbitration).
Please note that applications will be considered by the LCA Neutrals Selection Committee quarterly. Consideration of application is at the absolute discretion of Neutrals Selection Committee. All LCA Neutrals must be members of the LCA and are required to renew membership fees annually.